Wednesday, December 10, 2008

From Candy

Hey Jules:
Came across your blog a few years ago then you disappeared! Glad you're back.
My question; Recently I have been thinking a lot about my ex boyfriend Jason. We broke up because he cheated on me. But now I think I forgive him. Should I call him??

Candy

Hi Candy!
Thanks I'm glad I'm back too. Now if only I could get paid for this stuff.
You're question. I have a few thoughts.
1. Sure call him. BUT be prepared for what you may not want to hear. He could be dating someone, married, having a child etc. Prepare you're self for the worst possible scenario.
2. Do you really forgive him? How long has it been since the relationship ended? Have you dated since? When a relationship is over & time passes it's easy to forget all the reasons it ended. You only remember the good time. When in some cases, the bad far exceeds the good.
3. Be ok with you first. I know that sounds stupid but it's true. Read any relationship book & it will give you the same basic line. You have to love yourself before you can truly love another. It took a long time for me to understand that.. But I think I finally got it.

Lastly, if he truly made you happy. No one compares to him etc. Call him. Only you know what is right for you. I say go for it.. you only live once.
Ok candy that's my 3cents. Hope it helps. Keep me posted.

Jules

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jules! Sorry for the long over due response. Thanks for answering my question. I called him. Turns out he hasn't dated anyone since me. We're back together and going strong. I think a wedding is in my immediate future. thanks for the help. Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:29 AM

    WOW! Candy that's awesome! Congratulations. I'm really happy for you!

    Jules

    ReplyDelete